Do you believe the performance of wind power plants is critical to decarbonize our economies?
Do you believe we can improve the performance of wind power through data, expertise, and sound advice?
If so, this opportunity is for you.
DNV- Energy Systems ,one of the world’s premiere energy consultancies, is looking for a Wind Turbine Blade Expert to join our Renewables Advisory business. DNV provides a wide variety of services to help renewable and energy storage technology developers, users, investors, manufacturers, operators, and regulators better understand the capabilities and performance of their equipment. We are engineers, scientists, and project managers dedicated to the continued development and success of the renewable energy industry.
The Wind Turbine Blade Expert will expand our capabilities serving wind turbine manufacturers, investors, lenders, owners, and operators, with particular emphasis on blades—their design, manufacture, and quality, including addressing issues that occur during manufacturing, transport, erection, operation, maintenance, repair, and recycling. You will work closely with customers and with other DNV engineers and project managers.
This Position will be located in our Seattle, WA; Portland, OR ; or Katy, TX offices
Tasks May Include
- Contribute to wind turbine technology assessments, review, report writing, and client communication as part of technical due diligence for project financing, mergers & acquisitions, owner purchases, and other business needs.
- Remain current on new wind turbine technology, engaging with OEMs to understand latest technical details on new products and updates/revisions to existing products.
- Perform field and factory inspections of wind turbines and components as part of construction monitoring, operational project assessments, manufacturing quality inspections, and failure investigations.
- Prepare detailed reports, memos, technical notes, and email correspondence to communicate clearly and objectively to customers with accuracy and technical rigor.
- Review root cause analysis (RCA) investigations performed by OEMs or others, in order to assess RCA’s completeness and provide evaluation of associated risks and mitigants.
- Actively participate in RCAs, including investigations into failures covering inspection, documentation of field conditions, causality mapping, and engineering calculations (as appropriate).
- Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, and inspection check sheets.
- Liaise with key account managers and business development leaders regarding distinctive value and approach, scopes, resource outlook and budgets.
- Solicit and listen to customer issues and advise them on root causes, alternatives, timelines and costs for various solutions.
- Actively engage with customers and other stakeholders to assess and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline from accredited college or university.
- At least 10 years of experience in the utility-scale power industry, preferably renewables.
- At least 5 years of experience focused on utility-scale wind turbine blades.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and software relevant to blade aerodynamic and/or structural design
- Have a strong commercial attitude and a strategic mindset, with market knowledge and foresight.
- Strong network and ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Perform repetitive tasks such as typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems.
- Outstanding leadership with the ability to engage colleagues, collaborate across teams, and lead by way of example.
- Demonstrated achievements in wind power blade design, manufacturing, quality, and field operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people – customers and colleagues.
- Flexibility and adaptability, as issues and tasks may change quickly.
- Business-savvy mindset with bias to action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work at a standing or sitting desk for long periods of time; the majority of the work for this position will be performed at a desk in a normal office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Work in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Occasional lifting up to 45 lbs.
- Regular domestic and international travel to manufacturing facilities, field operations sites, client offices, other office locations, and conferences, up to 30% of the time.
- Traveling by car, plane, and other means over long distances
- Walking on uneven terrain
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screenings
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!