Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate & Investment Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
This position will be expected to partner closely with senior commodity marketers, commodity traders and relationship managers/bankers to provide comprehensive risk management services to Wells Fargo’s clients. The position is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and presenting materials for the marketing of derivative products as well as pricing and executing transactions directly with clients.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Execute derivative trades with Wells Fargo customers and book them in the deal capture system
- Develop pitch materials, deal documents and internal/external marketing material
- Provide daily front office support functions, including, but not limited to exposure calculations, order blotter monitoring, trade processing and responding to daily and varied customer service requests
- Provide analytical support for senior marketers, traders and clients
- Handle a wide variety of issuers, types, volume and complexity of transactions with accuracy and a sense of urgency
- Understand derivatives pricing, risk management techniques and challenges for both producers and consumers
- Provide client coverage support when other marketers are traveling
This role will be based in Houston.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: capital markets, investment banking or industry-specific sector; or a PhD in quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, or engineering obtained by date of hire; or MBA; or 6+ years of former military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience of base metals derivatives a plus
- Energy or Agricultural or other commodities experience may be considered
- Marketing experience within the financial services industry
- A Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Good customer relations / interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to build partnerships and consult effectively with leadership
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
This position is subject to Dodd-Frank Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background screen. Applicants are subject to a new screen to comply with Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act which states that Associated Persons (AP) cannot be subject to statutory disqualification. Under industry regulations, an AP is defined as a team member who solicits or accepts client orders for swaps. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
TX-HOU-Downtown: 1000 Louisiana St - Houston, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.