VP, Commercial Finance
Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The VP, Commercial Finance Position
Sunnova based in Houston Texas, is actively recruiting for a VP, Commercial Finance who will be responsible for sourcing, vetting and managing financing partners by developing relationships with lenders and financial institutions The VP, Commercial Finance reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
VP, Commercial Finance Responsibilities
- Drives business value by offering expert financial and analytical advice to assist in decision-making processes.
- Participate in strategic planning process, including expansion of, and development of new products and markets
- Lead the development and execution of financial processes and controls devised to mitigate risk and strengthen the accuracy of the company’s financial resutls
- Develops third party Commercial financing opportunities
- Ownership of revenues and full client P&L, reporting, analytics, budgeting and forecasting
- Supporting the entire account management team in building their commercial knowledge and awareness and improving the effectiveness
- Representing Sunnova to core finance and procurement functions
- Delivery account performance reporting and analytics as required by
- Assisting with new business propositions, pricing and the development of commercial propositions
- Working with the commercial team to develop models, processes and tools to improve the relevance and value of commercial reporting and analytics
- Oversight of other key finance aspects of the relationship including contracting, billing, collection, sales and withholding tax management
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer to define, research and prioritize key opportunities and provide go-forward recommendations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or other related business field required
- 7+ years of experience in high quality, global capital markets or investment management firms, with expertise in capital markets, solar related financingand debt financing
- MBA, CFA and /or CPA strongly preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytic background and valuation modeling expertise coupled with strategic problem-solving abilities
- Success in an environment of constant change and expansion of responsibilities
- Hands-on, team oriented with a track record of “rolling up their sleeves” along with personal and professional integrity of the highest order
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Open-office environment
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.