Title : UX Designer
Location : hybrid remote/onsite role in the Houston, TX
Duration : Full Time
We need someone who has BOTH UX (process flows, customer journey mapping, wireframes, etc.) and graphics design skills (visual design, expert on the Adobe Suite of products). They should have experience working in a fast paced environment and ready to jump in feet first. This is a high output team.
The User experience design includes elements of interaction design, information architecture, user research, and other disciplines, and is concerned with all facts of the overall user experience. The Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer I is responsible for delivering customer journeys, personas, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, design analytics, and customer research. The Sr. UX Designer I will work closely with the UX Design Director and business stakeholders to determine requirements and deliver designs covering a range of products, technologies, and devices to provide an ideal user experience.
- Defining interaction patterns best suited in the context including interface behavior such as drag-drop, selections, mouse-over actions, tap, swipe, etc.
- Developing wireframes, mockups, visual assets and user scenarios based on requirements.
- Delivering high quality design documentation which may be leveraged by development, legal and compliance, and QA.
- Work closely with developers on agile projects to ensure a high-quality polished product is delivered.
- Developing campaign marketing materials including digital signage, social media assets, customer e-mails, direct mail, website assets, etc.
- Collecting and reporting on user research, analytics, and customer feedback.
- Effectively communicating design and usability thinking to a broader audience outside the design team.
- Ensuring adherence to branding standards and consistency across the organization.
- Closely reviewing and monitoring products and designs to ensure continuous improvements are made and design assumptions are adjusted based on analytics.
- Assisting the visual designers with deliverables for print and digital media.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of design software including the Adobe Creative Suite and Azure (examples of previous work required).
- Proficiency with TFS and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Possesses high levels of creativity and innovation with a working knowledge of the latest design patterns and trends.
- Must be both a strong individual contributor and a flexible, adaptable team player.
- Customer-focused and problem-solving mindset with the ability to effectively assess
- project needs and independently provide appropriate design solutions that meet cost and time constraint.
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience with responsive, adaptive, and mobile design patterns and requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- 4+ years UX Design experience required.
- Banking or financial services industry experience is a plus.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization or focus on human factors engineering, user experience design, or visual design.
- Implemented in a user interface
- Applying user-centred design principles
- Specializing in user interface design and implementation for both web and native mobile applications
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Build and implement the user interface designs
- Develop product designs and wireframes for user interface to the product
- Develop new user-facing features
- Flow, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
- Create amazing web/interface user experiences and static graphic/infographic design
- Create wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs
- Develop user interface prototypes and mockups to specify how features
- Create esthetically pleasant and consistent user interface design elements
- Ensure a great user experience
- Assess development compliance to user interface designs and standards
- Initiate new interactive concepts across web/mobile
- Serve as a design point of contact for user interface projects
- Meet usability objectives and user requirements
- Interpreting user journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes and creating high-fidelity design specifications
- Collaborate heavily with engineering, management and other team members on user interface design, development and user experience
- Maintain a cohesive design system while defining new user interface patterns