Job Title: Database Designer Architect - Vertica
Duration: 03/22/2021 to 10/21/2021
Lead the technical implementation of a Vertica Solution augmented with Hadoop Data Lake to onboard new capabilities for Client business community. The lead will also responsible for transitioning from legacy BI environments to the new Vertica Platform, augmented by Client Data Lake, a Hadoop environment.
* Minimum 4+ years of experience in Vertica Database Design, Data Modeling, and Development experience
* Vertica Certification is highly desired.
* Strong understanding of Vertica Catalog, and strong experience with Vertica Workload Analyzer, and Vertica query/performance tuning.
* Understanding of optimal methods for loading Data into Vertica, Vertica Physical Table Design, Vertica Projection Design, Vertica Aggregate Projection Design
* Good understanding of ER Diagram, Enforce Naming Conventions for Databases, Knowledge about System Parameters Customization, Knowledge of various Vertica and other Database utilities
* Working experience with on using Performance Statistics and Monitoring Statistics, and Prior experience with Production Data Archival and rollback Procedures
* Nice to have Vertica Administration (RHEL), Experience with Monitoring and Administration processes. Unix or Shell scripting, Expertise in SQL and Query tuning
* Installation / Migration / Maintenance Procedures, Implement Fallback Procedures
* Experience in implementing Storage Management Procedures and Prevention Procedures. Experience in supporting Inbuilt tools / Scripts / Utilities
* Working experience with Database object and schemas cleanup , Reorganization, and strong experience in various Vertica Problems and Resolution Procedures
* Experience with containerized platform will be a plus (Docker, Kubernetes)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
* Ability to manage lead, manage and coordinate teams responsible for design, development and delivery to the architectural roadmap.
* Identifies and resolves problems which may impact projects by monitoring progress and project status
* Ability to work with a global team, experienced in handling teams across various cultures and management of remote teams
* Designing and leading implementation of platform-based applications that meet business needs
* Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success as a team leader, including supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust while seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation