GHX Industrial, LLC, a SunSource company is a growing, dynamic organization with roots traced back to 1937. GHX today is a highly recognized value-added distributor - fabricator of industrial gaskets and hoses with offices nationwide. GHXs customer base consists of large refining and petrochemical customers, upstream oil and gas service and supply companies, OEMs, and mineral and mining enterprises.
We are currently seeking a Transportation Manager for our Houston, TX branch. The successful candidate will develop, coordinate, report and maintain all transportation related activities for the organization. This role will work closely with both the Operations and Sales organizations.
* Conformance of Freight Policies:
* Develop and maintain policies, programs, and procedures for efficient operation of transportation system.
* Work with Distribution Managers to guarantee policy conformance.
* Update and maintain company freight matrix.
* Work wit IT to own and update data feeds on P21 system.
* Issuing updated routing letters to new and existing suppliers
* working with suppliers on freight compliance
* Review freight bills to ensure proper recovery and freight payment terms
* work with 3rd party agent to produce freight reports and analysis
* Report & Conduct Analysis:
* Reviewing freight data & develop out freight and analysis reports
* Analysis of transportation spend to include root cause and corrective actions
* Track intercompany freight expense on a monthly basis
* Adherence of shipping methods being selected by distribution centers
* Address correction & assessorial charges reviewed and corrected when required
* Rate changes implemented throughout the GHX logistics system
* Track Shipping/Receiving actions, certify proper packaging, handling and routing of material
* Freight Recovery & Reduce Expense:
* Identify new ways to reduce overall freight expense by reviewing transportation methods with FedEx, UPS and LTL carriers
* Suggest and implement freight recovery actions and help offset costs
* Work with Branch Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Operations and Sales to identify, analyze, and suggest opportunities to reduce expense.
* Superior understanding of Supply Chain Management.
* Bachelor's degree in logistics, Operations management or related field
* 2-5 years' transportation experience dealing with LTL carriers and FedEx or UPS
* Must be able to successfully function in a fast paced, high volume environment utilizing Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of industrial hose and gasket industry preferred
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
WE ARE COMMITTED TO HIRING GREAT PEOPLE
WE ARE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Visit our website