For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
Our Refining Services division, Eco Services is searching for a Transportation Logistics Manager to be based in The Woodlands, TX offices.
- We are not offering visa sponsorship or relocation for this position at this time.
- We are not using agencies for this role at this time.
Interface with transportation carriers and facilitates communications with sales and vendors. Analyzes trends and provide metrics that drive continuous improvement for transportation service.
- Establishes and maintains carrier relationships. Annually establishes service targets for each area based on the creation of performance KPIs
- Leads quarterly DOT safety audits with all carriers and maintains audit records. These audits are metric based and on-site based audits. Will also maintain a corrective action log to track and resolve safety related issues.
- Ensure compliance with all DOT and other applicable regulations
- Accessorial analysis - Review accessorial freight charges and ensure pass through invoicing to customers
- Analyze freight and accessorial trends to find potential savings
- Forecasting: Assist Director of Logistics and Transportation in creating freight spend forecasts for $70M annual freight budget
- Analyze cost trends and make suggestions on cost reductions
- Work with manufacturing site to minimize accessorial charges
- CASS - investigate rejections and main point of contact to work with CASS on alleviating rejection reasons by carrier
- Creation of processes to have carriers invoice in a way to avoid rejections
- Evaluate opportunities to streamline freight payment via CASS or other system
- Work with the Transportation Finance Analyst to alleviate and solve any issues with the freight pay system. Maintain metrics that show pay system performance and trends
- Reconciliation of carrier statements - continuous to avoid CASS and AP duplicate payments
- Freight analysis - review and analyze actual versus forecasted freight costs. Flag over accruals, double payments, etc.
- Work with commercial team to ensure that accurate freight charges are being passed on to customers
- Manage Freight accrual process - determine shortfalls, work with Finance to improve overall process
- Create and maintain data book of major freight rates to Eco customers from Eco plants and competitor plants
- Data book to be used by supply planner and commercial group
- Work with Eco Services Director-Procurement to ensure sulfur freight is properly captured and pass through on contracts
- Streamline logistics processes to role out to all plants
Health, Safety, and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Reviews and discusses safety incident occurrences with Eco manufacturing facilities and truck carriers
- Enter incident into Enablon for tracking and resolution purposes.
- Provide technical support for safety resolutions and assists in development of the safety training within the department.
- Attends causal tree investigation meeting for accident/incident occurrences
- Attends monthly and quarterly safety meetings as required
- Completes computer-based training to comply with HSE requirements and policies.
Act as a steward for maintaining excellent HSSE performance in the department and company - fulfill the HSSE Leadership Expectations
Education and Work Experience:
To be successful and effective in position:
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of supply chain and transportation knowledge
- Experience in the chemical, petroleum, or petrochemical industry is preferred
- Working knowledge of DOT guidelines
- Working knowledge of Inventory Management
- Working knowledge of TMS and Freight Pay Systems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Advanced level of Excel expertise, Process Mapping and Documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Accustomed to working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Transportation Worker's Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, mathematical, or schedule form.
- Prepares business letters, technical paper reports, expositions, summaries, memos, electronic messages and reports, using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Converses in the theory, principles, and methods of effective and persuasive speaking, voice, and diction, phonetics, and discussion and debate.
- Participates in panel discussions and debates. Speaks extemporaneously on a variety of subjects to employees within the company