The Technology Manager will lead the internal and external teams in the completion of technical projects at every stage of the software development lifecycle and will ensure timely achievement of milestones as well as clear communication across departments and teams.
About Our Company:
CARBO is an industry-leading value-driven technology and service company that provides innovative technologies across a diverse range of industries and applications via multiple business units and product brands including CARBO Ceramics, Falcon Technologies, AssetGuard, FracPro, and StrataGen.
As the world’s population continues to grow, the global need for energy continues to increase. CARBO is at the forefront of developing technologies that enable production of oil and natural gas from reserves that were not previously economically viable.
Wherever we operate, we always seek to be a good neighbor, mitigating the environmental impact of our production processes and striving to be a safe and fulfilling place to work. It is our goal to be responsible stewards who ‘do the right thing’ with all to which we have been entrusted.
Our values: Health, Safety, and the Environment; Ethics, Respect, Goals, Results, and Profitable Growth.
- Competitive Base Pay
- 401(k) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Company paid LTD
- Employee paid additional Life Insurance and AD&D
- Additional employee paid coverage includes critical illness, accident insurance, short term disability and whole life insurance plans.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance
- Manage both in-house technology team and offshore outsource team for the right solution delivery in a timely manner.
- Manage multiple technical projects working with IT, third party, and in-house technology team, including technical project planning, monitoring, and controlling the project performance.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Identify, track, and monitor interdependencies within and across multiple workstreams.
- Ensure quality and effective testing through every stage of the SDLC.
- Day-to-day interaction with the outsource team, contract management, defining and ensuring SLAs.
- Manage and lead UAT working with the business stakeholders.
- Anticipate and resolve risks and roadblocks to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Work with Director Engineering Applications, Operational Applications, Business Development, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Articulate and monitor team velocity ensuring visibility by graphically charting iteration progress, and apply strong facilitation skills, ensuring the team is continuously adapting and improving their productivity.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Strong project management skills including status reporting and leading workstreams.
- Familiarity with scaling cloud infrastructure in Azure, monitoring and alerting, security, containers and Kubernetes, and CI/CD, Kafka and other real-time streaming data pipelines, SQL and no-SQL DB. Certifications from AWS or Azure are a bonus.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute on competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline or equivalent experience,
- Master’s degree, preferred.
- Certified Agile Scrum Master, preferred.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of experience of leading technology teams, including extensive offshore outsourced team coordination and management.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience of managing growing SaaS solutions.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a Cloud-based IT operation.
- Ten (10) or more years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience.
- Proven success as a project manager for software teams.
- Exposure to resource intensive industry, such as energy, mining, or construction.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools like MS DevOPS/JIRA.
- Software development experience as a developer is a plus, but not required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment.
StrataGen, a Wilks Brothers company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.