Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Schedule and distribute assignments to Superusers and Production Coordinators to ensure all system reporting and health checks are completed according DBS/Customer expectations.
- Provide performance objectives and reviews to direct reports including disciplinary action if needed.
- Develop and maintain training requirements for all direct reports.
- Configuring WMS system to meet business processes.
- Serve as the single point of contact and liaison between customer, operations and Contract Logistics IT.
- Provide level 1 support to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve WMS issues where possible; escalate to IT Support when necessary.
- Clearly document details of WMS issues including steps to recreate the issue when escalation is required
- Knowledgeable of IT infrastructure hardware such as RF handhelds, vehicle mount RF, printers, workstations and other IT equipment associated with WMS systems.
- Assist training new hires on WMS
- Participate in cross-functional improvement projects
- Clearly document and communicate system change requests.
- Ensure adherence to WMS best practices per defined standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Pursue continuous personal and organizational improvements
- Maintain a high level of quality in work performed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Follows all SOP and safety guidelines. Deliverables & Achievables:
- Assignment Complexity - Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Act as advisor to unit or sub-units, become actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems.
- Accountability - Provide immediate supervision or assigns tasks to a unit or group of employees (primarily Superusers). May provide general or direct supervision to exempt employees and/or skilled nonexempt employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks. Use professional concepts and corporate policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems.
- Impact of Decisions - Moderate to significant impact on operations success including P&L.
- Working Relationships - Frequently interact with subordinates, outside customers, and/or functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
- Scope - Receive assignments in form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Provide guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure achievement of objectives. Administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- This is a supervisory position
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Prefer 2+ years of related supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required
- Good organizational and administrative skills required.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Knowledge of MS Office systems required.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Generally, prefer 5+ years of related WMS Superuser experience.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
DB Schenker USA is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.