The Supervisor will be responsible for directing and overseeing the daily work activities for the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and oversee the daily work activities of the department to meet Company goals and objectives.
- Observe and monitor work processes to ensure compliance with safety and Company standards.
- Promote teamwork to achieve Company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensure optimal utilization of all departmental resources, including but not limited to, space, equipment, personnel, etc.
- Make recommendations regarding hiring, promotions or transfers.
- Train new hires and current employees as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance, recognizing good performance and taking disciplinary action as necessary.
- Monitor employee attendance.
- Generate and maintain necessary paperwork and reports.
- Fill in and perform necessary tasks when employees are out or as needed.
- Work closely with other leads and supervisors as necessary.
- Responsible for adhering to and enforcing all safety rules and requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in the blow molding industry, screen printing industry or label printing industry, preferably container and closure manufacturing and/or decoration.
- 1+ year of experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach, grasp, bend, kneel, and squat repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.