Strategic Marketing Manager, Coatings & Construction
Huntsman’s Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Strategic Marketing Manager who will develop and implement marketing strategies to ensure the long-term profitable growth for coatings and construction markets. It is essential to understand the customers’ and value chain needs, as well as define differentiated products and services. This role is an active, full member of the regional marketing team, located in The Woodlands, TX.
As the Strategic Marketing Manager, you will:
Strategic market planning
- Seeking big picture implications in examining macro drivers, market and competitor dynamics, formulation, and infield problems & opportunities. Applying customer segmentation, leading to clear understanding of critical factors and key customer values
- Set directions to the organization and creates structured focused and actionable marketing plans to deliver short- and long-term value.
- Communicates the strategy and influences others to translate strategy into actions.
Market and competitive intelligence
- Monitor industry news, market development & growth, and regulatory changes.
- Analyze data, identify market trends, draw conclusions, and seek rationales.
- Understand the products / services offering and the approach of key competitors.
Identification of new market opportunities
- Capture voice of customers and seek rationales for common customer needs.
- Identify and select attractive market opportunities with compelling business cases.
- Define, jointly with other functions, new products & services requirements to capture the selected market opportunities and to meet the common customer’s needs.
- Participate in the innovation pipeline development process leading opportunity assessments for new innovations and providing overall strategic marketing direction.
Effective customer engagement in target segments
- Identify the customer segments to target and the most compelling value propositions to effectively reach them.
- Articulate product and service offerings, key benefits, and messages for use by sales force with all necessary trainings and marketing collaterals.
- Define price policy & channel strategy to produce the highest possible long-term profit and market share in the target segments.
Skills and experiences required:
- University degree in Business, Marketing, or technical (Chemistry).
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of professional marketing experience. Experience in coatings and construction industry or adjacent sectors is a plus.
- Energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results.
- Strong knowledge of marketing processes & tools.
- Able to engage & interact effectively with internal & external stakeholders and customers, with influencing and facilitation skill.
- Understand complex business organization.
- Solution and results oriented approach with a team player attitude.
- Take ownership & accountabilities for results.
- Strong excel, pivot and financial analyst skills coupled with financial acumen.
- English at native speaker level, 2nd language a plus.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.