Ref ID: 04130-0011813761
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $55000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
A restaurant group located near the Galleria area is adding a Staff Accountant to their team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing general accounting support for a multi-unit / multi-legal entity operation. This position is primarily responsible for general accounting duties including a strong emphasis on Balance Sheet reconciliations and Financial Statement analysis. The Staff Accountant will work closely with our operations’ managers and uses their analytical skills to help the Executive and Management teams run their business more efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs general accounting duties to include Journal Entries and Accruals
• Assists with month end closing of financial statements.
• Performs reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts and Profit & Loss statements for multiple locations and report variances.
• Work with other team members to research and resolve differences or variances.
• Analyze expenditures to ensure they are recorded appropriately
• Monthly inventory reconciliations
• Ensures accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner
• Review daily sales and cash entries at the store level.
• Daily cash deposit management and investigating abnormalities
• Making Bank Deposits
• Collaborating with HR and Operations to support the restaurant operations and team
• Sorting and filing paperwork according to company records and retention policy
• Developing and maintaining relationships with co-workers, suppliers and vendors
Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least three years of experience with full accounting cycle.
• Experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry or multi-unit environment
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
• Compeat Accounting Software experience also a plus.
Compensation is up to 60K
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf