Ref ID: 04340-0011967760
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $28.00 to $32.00 hourly
A small Oil and Gas company located in the Spring area is looking to add a contract to hire Accountant to their team. The Accountant will report to the Controller and be responsible for the accuracy and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including the reconciliation of all sub-ledgers to the general ledger, as well as the day-to-day oversight of all cash receipts/disbursements. The hours are full-time Monday through Friday from 8:00-5:00. If you're an Accountant who is searching for a long-term, stable opportunity, apply today for immediate consideration!
Essential Functions of the Accountant
• Coordinate wire transfers, payment of vendors, ensure daily bank transactions are properly recorded, and reconcile bank accounts at month end. Manage company credit card transactions, administration and reporting.
• Prepare and record assigned monthly journal entries.
• Record and post payroll entries, payroll accruals including payment and reconciliations of benefit providers and statutory withholdings.
• Run monthly financial statements, review in conjunction with Controller and make adjustments as necessary.
• Record fixed asset additions, disposals and run/post monthly depreciation entries.
• Reconcile WIP, transfer to fixed assets as required and maintain capex schedules and tracking summaries.
• Prepare monthly sales tax returns.
• Prepare and post intercompany invoices and reconcile intercompany balances with related parties on a monthly basis.
• Record rent invoices and invoice sub-tenants monthly.
• Approve, reconcile and record Concur transactions monthly.
• Post and reconcile monthly fleet vehicle invoices.