HealthHelp - A WNS Company (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization & care management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment.
HealthHelp’s innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence-based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Therapy, Sleep Care, and Musculoskeletal Care. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York.
WNS Global Services Inc. (NYSE: WNS) is a global Business Process Management (BPM) leader. WNS offers business value to 400+global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Consulting and Professional Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Telecommunications, Travel and Utilities. Globally, the group’s over 44,000+ Professionals serve across 60 delivery centers in 16 countries worldwide.
Software QA Job Description and Essential Functions
• Works with QA staff team members reporting to IT Director
• Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs
• Verifies that programs function according to requirements and conforms to established guidelines: writes, revises, and verifies test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
• Documents bugs, defects and features in our tracking system
• Runs database queries to confirm proper data placement during program operation
• Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
• Can write step by step instructions for repeating software bugs while found during testing. Can also communicate to developers on how to repeat bugs and software defects.
• Be naturally inquisitive, with a high level of attention to detail and a passion for software testing.
• Be capable of writing good quality documentation - test plans, scripts and reports.
• Experience of working in an agile environment, closely with the development team, possessing strong communication skills, creativity and flexibility.
• Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
• Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
• Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
• Actively participates in the Product Development Life-Cycle, from inception to production.
• Provides Quality Assurance for web applications by developing test plans/cases and performing manual functional tests.
• Coordinates execution of manual Installation, Integration and Regression testing.
• Reports and manages defects found during testing, working closely with Development for resolution.
• Recommends improvements and assists in changes to Best Practices within a Scrum/Agile environment.
• Provides technical support for web-based applications.
• May train software program users.
Minimum Requirements and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field
• Minimum 3-5 years software testing experience
• MS SQL experience required
• Exceptional mid level hands on software QA analyst experience
• Previous work experience in a heavily regulated IT environment; HIPAA preferred
• Professional experience in MS technology, web apps, software development or manual testing required
• Excellent test plan writing skills and attention to detail
• Quality Assurance and Testing experience
• Ability to work from home after hours is routinely expected, especially during code releases on nights and weekends
• Ability to identify and advocate solutions
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HealthHelp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.