Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
As a Sr Software Engineer you will be an integral part of a development team working on the development of the front end, server side and database functionality for both new and existing applications. You will be responsible for delivering business critical projects while managing their day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner. In this role you will also mentor junior developers, work on technical design and framework development. As a Sr Software Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects from design to release, and this position requires both hands on development and delivery management. Full Software development life cycle experience is required to excel in this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in design and development for modules and projects
- Be a contributor of code, tests, automation, application design and architecture on an agile team of engineers working across the stack
- Solve technical problems at any level of stack (Backend / Frontend / Database / Infrastructure) and be persistent in getting to the solution
- Build highly performant distributed systems
- Perform Code reviews
- Engineer automated test and metric reporting solutions
- Collaborate as part of the scrum team in grooming user stories and development of acceptance criteria for the user stories
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute engineering, infrastructure and business objectives
- Communications and status for stakeholders
- Performance testing and tuning
- Learn and Share - Deeply values learning as a continuous investment and share knowledge within and across teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience building software applications using Agile methodologies
- Experience working with one or more mainstream programming languages such as NodeJS, Python, Java, C#
- Experience working with databases and proficient in writing and fine-tuning SQL queries
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Knowledge on NoSQL databases like MongoDB
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Developer, Agile, Programming, Programmer, SQL, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote