iSphere is searching for a long term (12 month) contract Sr. Software Developer, in the North Houston area that will be responsible for the enhancement of software solutions to optimally support business processes. This includes the configuration, custom development, installation and updating of business software applications. This position works on larger scale projects as the primary developer and will supervise others . Overall knowledge of designing enterprise-wide applications to run on scalable platforms is expected.
• Develops code solutions to meet business unit needs including application modifications such as custom views, reports, and workflows.
• Attends project meetings and works closely with business analysts to understand application requirements and to report on project progress and obstacles.
• Performs initial configurations and installation of applications and associated servers; supports application updates as needed.
• Documents import procedures and works on release management to deploy items from development to the lab environment.
• Assists with the planning and implementation of existing software applications for new business units.
• Develops The Core Service Layer
Competencies Required :
• Working knowledge of development technologies and tools, and software engineering concepts, methodologies and architectural styles.
• Flexibility to provide support during week end and evening hours as needed.
Minimum Qualifications/Experience :
• 8 years’ experience with application software programming or development.
• Project management experience required.
• Banking or financial services industry preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
• Associate’s degree in Computer Technology or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.