LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
We are looking for an inspirational and effective leader who will deliver on the relentless execution of our global strategy to enable this company to achieve our digital transformation goals. This role will be a member of the Security Architecture team and the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for network security architecture. They will work with the latest technologies and products we have in place to protect our networks as well as architect the new security solutions necessary to support our digital journey. This role will evaluate new security technologies to better improve efficiencies, security posture and meet business objectives, as well as support a secure global architecture including network technology solutions for both Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT).
Travel: Up to 10%
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for network security solutions
- Create and maintain detailed information security roadmaps, architectures, and programs to significantly improve the overall security posture of the organization
- Develop, implement and assess network security policies, plans, and procedures, including security architectures, firewall policies, intrusion detection systems and security data collection systems to help internal customers design and implement secure solutions
- Investigate, design, and architect specific cybersecurity boundary/endpoint controls and security reference architectures specific to LYB services portfolio
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews to assess effectiveness and propose optimal alternatives as required. Audit and review effectiveness of existing network controls
- Lead technical evaluations, security analysis, and risk assessments
- Work with business teams, vendors and service providers to define security and business requirements and understand existing and emerging security threats, security frameworks, regulations, and methods of mitigation
- Research, specify, and develop new tools, processes and techniques to improve vulnerability analysis, forensics capabilities, network and data security, and threat management
- Provide Level 3 technical support to resolve network security problems.
- Research and develop defensive cybersecurity data strategies
- Recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Establish effective working relationships with operational stakeholders to help execute our business strategy
- Strong customer focus
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline
- 8+ years of progressive experience in a Network or Security Architecture role, designing and implementing network security solutions
- Experience architecting complex systems, including operating systems, networks, firewalls, and load balancers
- Experience with network architecture within OT environments
- Experience with Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) and IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of advanced cyber threats, threat intelligence, and adversary methods
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking and the OSI 7-layer model including DHCP, DNS, NTP, SMTP, etc.
- Strategic planning and project management skills
- Security experience with LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, and VPN networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate both technical and abstract concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create collaborative relationships.
- Experience with multifactor authentication methods and standards, encryption protocols (i.e., SSL/TLS) and algorithms (RSA, AES, etc.)
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Security+, CCNA Security, or equivalent certification
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security certification
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification
- Experience in the Manufacturing, Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Industries
- Experience with cloud security strategy
- Proficiency with NextGen security tools at scale for an enterprise environment (e.g. EPP, EDR, anti-malware, MDM, VPN)
- Technical expertise in firewalls (Cisco and Palo Alto preferred), Incident Response and Remediation, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Packet decoding and analysis, Web Proxy Servers, SSL VPN and other Remote Access Solutions, wireless security (RF, 802.11, HART, Bluetooth, etc.), or firmware/embedded platform security
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston