Location: Houston, Texas
Our o&g client located downtown is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join their team.
A successful candidate will leverage many of the network tools currently in place and additionally research and deploy new network tools in the industry. In addition the Lead Network person will provide additional support and knowledge to the overall Network organization on projects, datacenter buildouts, and field support activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware and security technologies.
2. Deploy, Administer, and Maintain network security tools and services.
3. Maintaining next generation firewalls, virtual private networks, and network access management tools
4. Deploy, Administer, and Maintain route, switch, wireless, sd-wan, and other technologies
5. Provide supplemental network support and knowledge to the entire network team
6. Work with the IT other teams as needed, including: project architecture security reviews, configuration audits, and incident response
Requirements: Education and/or Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical disciplines or equivalent practical experience
2. 5+ years of experience including experience with Layer 2 switching protocols such as TCP or UDP, STP, ECMP, or 802.1x
3. 5+ years of experience with Layer 3 routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and VRFs
4. 3+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection
5. 1+ years of experience with next generation firewall from Cisco.
6. Knowledge of user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies such as: 802.1x, TACACS, Radius, and Cisco ISE
7. Effective written & verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills to work in a team environment, establishing & maintaining good working relationships with others, to support team & company objectives, and a willingness to work in all operational areas.
8. Strong dedication to quality customer service and superior telephone etiquette with the ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, peers and management.
9. Candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and a willingness to accept constantly changing priorities.
10. A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
CCNA, CCNP, CCDA
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Usually, normal office working conditions.
2. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
3. Approximately 10% travel may be required including occasional overnight travel.
4. Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings which may include hazardous materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
For more information on this job visit: https://vc5consulting.com/
VC5 Consulting has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.