At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
NRG does more than keep the lights on – we are accelerating an energy future that puts energy directly in the hands of our customers. We are the fuel empowering homes, businesses, and communities. Together, our diverse and inclusive teams craft innovative solutions for our customers. We believe in building a more sustainable future and are proud to be a leader in this effort. We're not your typical energy company.
NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
In this role, you’ll balance both strategic and tactical responsibilities as you lead marketing campaigns and new initiatives. As a holistic marketing role, you’ll work with multiple stakeholders across different departments. Some of your responsibilities will be conducting market research, developing, and leading marketing campaigns, writing multi-channel multi-message creative briefs for traditional and digital marketing, corporate and special events, and new initiatives as they arise. We’re looking for a professional solutions-oriented “go-getter” who enjoys and thrives in fast-paced environments. A background in marketing, communications and/or strategy, as well as strong project management skills is required.
- Crafts marketing collateral development, initiatives and creative briefs for new and ongoing projects. You’ll have the opportunity to identify campaign opportunities that move the needle and have a positive impact in our brand and business, whilst leading innovative projects.
- Participates in the marketing planning process along with group supervisor and team.
- Successfully manages projects from conceptualization through delivery.
- Participates in customer business review meetings and internal service meetings to collect feedback and develop action plans to improve marketing results.
- Help in outbound and inbound marketing activities by displaying expertise in certain areas such as events planning, advertising, optimization, and content development.
- Works with a high degree of initiative and independence in anticipating client needs, developing solutions that further business objectives and ensures successful implementation.
- Ability to tell compelling stories with a combination of quantitative data and creative insights.
- Presents and communicates findings and insights gained from analyses and makes recommendations to business.
- Adheres to brand guidelines and ensures quality and consistency on all marketing materials; follows department processes.
- Proactively updates stakeholders on tasks and project status.
- Contributes to development of effective business decisions through clear, concise communication and reporting using compelling data to support conclusions.
- Tracks and measures campaign results and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Supports annual marketing review by providing analysis and information on the most successful campaigns and collateral pieces; provides suggestions for improvement.
- Submits invoices on time and tracks and adheres to budgets for assigned projects.
- Supports special projects as needed.
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 4 years as a communications specialist, digital marketing specialist, or marketing role.
- 1-2 years of project management experience.
- B2B experience is a plus.
- Team player with cross-functional project leadership skills, and strong collaboration.
- Experience working on marketing campaigns, including messaging and visual collateral.
- Preferred experience in the electricity or energy industry.
- Experience measuring campaigns/content, website landing page content, and newsletter campaigns.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, cross-functional teams and marketing stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and balance competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven, with a demonstrable positive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Clear appetite for learning and demonstrates a curious mind.
- Pays strong attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable planning a project from ideation to implementation.
Primarily in an office environment.
Some overtime required as special projects arise.
Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources