Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is seeking an experienced Senior Product Solutions Analyst to join our team which is focused on the development, creation, and support of analytic solutions for payers in the health care industry. Our team is dedicated to building core analytic solutions, primarily focusing on risk assessment and predictive modeling solutions.
As an integral member of a multifaceted team consisting of statisticians/data scientists, medical directors, software developers, quality testers, data analysts, technical writers and product owners, you will be responsible for leading and defining new and enhanced product features. You will be asked to document complex business logic for the proposed solution, assist with product testing (both technical and user acceptance testing), and provide post-implementation support. You will be sought after to provide analytical guidance to the project team throughout the project lifecycle. Familiarity with health care data along with the ability to translate business requirements into detailed level software logic is critical to this role.
This position requires a hybrid of analytics, data, business, and technical skills.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead, define and maintain product requirements for software solutions
- Create and maintain business logic specifications for business intelligence solutions, including complex analytic methodologies used in health care decision-support solutions and clinical groupers
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders (methodologists, research analysts, software development, clinicians, and quality engineers) to ensure correct implementation of business logic
- Consistently produce reliable, thorough, and accurate documentation
- Create user acceptance test plans, content validation test plans and support testing activities
- Work closely with clinical informatics team to maintain data mapping tables
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding questions about analytical concepts
- Conduct complex analyses, solve complex problems and proactively provide solutions
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Able to quickly become a product expert, with the expectation to serve as a liaison between stakeholders, users, product and software development teams on product methods and features
- Proactively recommend improvements to peers and managers using feedback (customers and internal teams) to support your recommendations
- Support ongoing operations/maintenance/enhancement of existing solutions, in partnership with applicable stakeholders (e.g., IT, business owners)
- Establish credibility and build relationships at all levels
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree in business management, information systems or healthcare-related field or 5+ years work experience in IT or Healthcare industry.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst in support of software development
- 3+ years healthcare claims data content experience. Must be familiar with claim structure data components and relationships
- 2+years of experience writing detailed functional specifications for software
- Proficiency with MS Office tools, including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio and Access
- 1+ year showing strong working knowledge of administrative claims data and medical coding systems (i.e., CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9/10, NDC, etc.)
- Proven track record of successfully working with product management or other business function to analyze, define, and document software functional requirements for commercial software product development
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Understanding of health care industry concepts (cost of care, health risk, quality of care, etc.)
- Proven business acumen and business domain knowledge in healthcare industry in general, and in the payer/insurance market segment in particular
- Familiarity with Optum analytic products a plus
- Symmetry suite: Episode Treatment Groups (ETG), Procedure Episode Groups (PEG), Episode Risk Groups (ERG), Pharmacy Risk Groups (PRG)
- Impact Pro
- Intermediate proficiency with relational databases, database structures and SQL
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a matrix environment
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains
- Experience with statistical concepts
- Knowledge of risk modeling techniques
- Strong conceptual design skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Product Solutions Analyst, Telecomute, Telecommuter, WFH, WAH, Minnesota, Eden Prairie, MN