Ref ID: 04130-0011983717
Classification: Applications Architect
Compensation: $150000.00 to $165000.00 yearly
The Solution Architect will work closely with Heads of Information Technology and Global Product Strategy, application and development teams and various Business Units to evaluate legacy technologies with an eye to digital modernization. The Solution Architect’s ability to understand business and customer needs, analysis of current processes and strong technical acumen will be keys to success.
The Solution Architect label is the leader of the process that develops solutions to fit an enterprise architecture in terms of a business, information, and technical standpoint. The Solution Architect will take a business process and conceptualize work streams through planning of a proof of concept with modern digital technology solutions, both commercially off the shelf and custom development is essential to success. They will develop clear plans and manage others directly and indirectly to execute those plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and explicates IT solutions based on the enterprise’s strategic business or technical requirements.
2. Develops and communicates architectural proposals for various projects and initiatives.
3. Defines the approach for structuring applications, including determining appropriate use of technology solutions.
4. Defines and validates technical requirements and architecture quality attributes.
5. Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
6. Create Proof of Concepts to test proposed solutions
7. Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
8. Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
9. Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
10. Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
11. Seeks and maximizes opportunities to improve productivity, time-to-market, solutions quality, and cost effectiveness.
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Information Technology or other critical thinking degree or master’s programs.
• 10+ years of related work experience including application and infrastructure architecture.
• Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design
• Sound knowledge of various operating systems, databases, middleware, api’s, devops, and application development
• Solid experience in project management.
• Detail oriented
• Experience with digitizing and modernizing legacy applications and business processes.
• Solid understanding of modern IT standards and best practices
• Ability to manage remote workers
• Expert communication and people skills
• Strong teamwork and communications skills
• Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
• Experience in multiple industries, and complex legacy ERP or Order Management systems migrating to new digital platforms is desired.