Rent., a Redfin company, is the leading technology company in the property rental industry. Our proprietary AI platform offers robust products and services that simplify our clients' entire leasing lifecycle, whether building a property’s brand, attracting and converting new renter leads, or nurturing current residents for renewals.
We take the hassle out of renting. Period.
An opportunity at Rent. empowers you to learn and grow within a collaborative environment. We celebrate the wins together and always look for opportunities to improve. If you are looking for a team where you can make a true impact, Rent. is the place for you. We invest in the success of our employees because we know it’s our people that make Rent. such a great place to work.
Rent. is looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Elixir) to join our team. Engage in an encouraging work hard/play hard company culture and become a part of an Interesting and charismatic group of professionals who love what they do!
Reporting to the Services Engineering Manager, and in primary service to Rent.’s search engine optimization (SEO), internal data, and analytics teams, the Elixir Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery of the best in class technical solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
A Day In the Life:
- Elixir Software Engineer holds a reputation for being coachable, receptive to mentorship, and is showing continuous improvement in technical ability.
- Highly available, rapid and highly responsive data/business logic is consistently available to our stakeholders.
- Rent.’s products are kept current and modernized; growing and adapting to new trends and technologies to ensure we are on the forefront of curve.
- Supervisor and appropriate stakeholders are kept consistently informed regarding architectural diagrams, and flaws in their creation are minimal and caught/addressed swiftly; end-user is enabled to utilize codes correctly and as intended.
- Workflow transparency exists to such a degree that the right work is successfully prioritized, commercialization is well coordinated and execution delivers high quality output the first time, without requiring multiple iterations and rework.
What we need from YOU
- Professional software development experience utilizing Elixir in production, and with a heavy focus on functional programming
- Demonstrated usage and familiarity with one or more of the following: Haskell, Scala, Groovy, Jython, JRuby, or Erlang
- Demonstrated experience working with stream processing platforms and message brokers, such as Apache Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated usage and understanding of cloud-based technologies
A Few Of Our Perks And Benefits:
- Immediate 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid volunteering days
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee discounts
- Covered parking or Marta stipend (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
- On-site gym (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
Still interested? Upload your resume and a Recruiter will check it out as soon as possible.
Why Choose Rent.?
We’re a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and build, both professionally and in the communities we serve. You’ll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. In fact, we consider ourselves a very well-funded start-up that also has more than 40 years in the industry and strong financial performance.
Rent. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce, customers and third parties, Rent. conducts background screening after making conditional offers for employment. All screening is conducted consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance and state and local Fair Chance Act guidance, and Rent. encourages applications from, and fully considers, qualified applicants with criminal record histories.