Treez is looking for a Software Engineer Team Lead to add to the Catalog Services Team. This position will play a pivotal role in designing, building, maintaining, testing, and deploying features and functionality for the product catalog microservices. You will be working in a customer stream aligned team that includes support from a product owner, other software developers, quality assurance, and DevOps.
Our Software Engineer Team Lead role may be a great fit for you if you like building great products with a diverse global team. If you value creativity when figuring out how to solve problems this opportunity may be a great alignment with your career goals. This team lead role will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Catalog Services Team.
In this role, you’ll have a chance to drive team ownership for the technology behind the Catalog Service. Being architected on the AWS environment and written in a serverless strategy, this is an excellent opportunity to be involved at the very beginning. In this role you will identify, implement, and optimize the systems we use to ensure proper capturing and leveraging of data to make informed decisions to improve the service.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the system architect to design the microservice(s) for the Catalog Team
- Ensure the team produces maintainable and quality code with proper test coverage, mentoring where needed
- Innovate to improve the speed of delivery
- Leverage knowledge of design approaches to determine when to use and when to not use patterns
- Develop software enhancements that improve team software and processes
- Participate in scrum meetings, code reviews, technical design development/review, team planning, and process metric reviews
- Work with teammates and business partners to document business processes and information technology requirements, analyze requirements, and prepare functional and technical specifications
- Be judicious about adding dependencies
- Participate in OnCall support rotation for the scope of this stream-aligned team
- Work with AWS services including Gateway API, Lambda, and/or containers to implement product features that scale
- Solve difficult technical problems in medium-to-large software projects
- Create solutions utilizing the right data storage solution for the right problem: relational databases (SQL), NoSQL databases, Caching layers, etc.
- Leverage performance and load testing techniques
- Be passionate about writing maintainable and quality code
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of software development experience with:
- UI frameworks (React, Angular, and/or Vue)
- Back-end development (microservices, Node, or .NET)
- Cloud technologies (AWS preferred, Azure, or GCP)
- Working in teams that have adopted Agile using practices such as SCRUM
- Multi-tier software architecture
- Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development degree or, equivalent work experience
- Data Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or Cyber Security background is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise software including: software development languages, API development and use, and Web Services architectures
- Working knowledge of cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) architecture
- Preference given to AWS Certifications
Join the Treez Forest and You’ll Enjoy:
- Equity for all employees
- Flexible vacation
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Remote First Work Environment
- Personal and professional growth opportunities with a growing company
- Transparent leadership
- A diverse culture of inclusion, innovation, improvement, and customer service
- Making a significant difference in the cannabis industry
Treez is the leading enterprise cloud commerce platform that streamlines retail and supply chain operations within the cannabis market. Through its innovative technology for retailers and brands, the company provides a robust breadth and depth of software solutions required to operate a successful modern dispensary.
Solutions include point of sale, dispensary inventory management, omnichannel sales capabilities and multiple cashless payment options all on a mission-critical platform that ensures regulatory compliance across every supply chain transaction. The innovative platform also connects essential brands with their retailers through a centralized brand catalog with real-time market insights. The extensible open API platform provides smooth integration into a variety of best-of-breed solutions, including CRM, marketplace, cashless payments and data analytics across the partner ecosystem, giving retailers everything they need to grow their business.
Treez continually strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment. Treez provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Treez Commitment to a Remote-First and Safe Workplace
Treez is currently a remote-first workplace, meaning that nearly all work can be accomplished from home with occasional in-person meetings and travel. All employees at Treez must be vaccinated against Covid-19 if they are to meet with other Treez employees; legally mandated exemptions excepted. Treez reserves the right to revise its policies at any time.