National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
Responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting software products.
- Design and Write software for equipment and/or applications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of software documentation including updates after release.
- Provide support for the implementation, training and troubleshooting of software products.
- Develop and de-bug software products prior to release.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot associated hardware as required.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility/Group Specific Responsibilities
- Follow NOV processes to execute projects.
- Work with customers (internal/external) and review project defining documents to understand project requirements.
- Participate in design reviews.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Preferred BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience designing control systems and programming PLCs/HMIs.
- Preferred 5+ years of Project Engineering experience.
- Develop Software Design Specification for NOV BOP control system in collaboration with the engineering team and customer.
- Write logic for PLC software used to monitor and control a BOP and its auxiliary systems.
- Design and program an HMI Application used on a BOP and its auxiliary systems.
- Perform internal test and customer FAT of BOP control system software.
- Troubleshoot and Debug software and provide remote field support when needed.
- Ability to work through technical hurdles in a constructive manner.
- Lifelong learner with the desire to share knowledge with others.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an open, energetic, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, and new challenges.
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking individual with a desire to succeed.
- Competency in programming Rockwell AADvance PLC, Siemens, Rockwell Logic family of controllers, and/or GE Fanuc PLC platforms.
- Experience with FT View SE and ME. Cimplicity or other HMI software experience a plus.
- Industrial Networking – Ethernet IP, Modbus, Profibus, etc.
- BOP operation and functionality knowledge a plus.