ASC operates the on-mountain restaurants and the four mountains in the Aspen Snowmass area - Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk - as well as the Five Star, Five Diamond property The Little Nell, the Limelight Hotel properties which operate in Aspen, Ketchum Idaho and Snowmass. ASC also operates the rental & retail stores of Four Mountain Sports as well as D&E and the Award-winning Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass.
The Snowcat Operator – Entry Level is responsible for the safe operation of a snowcat to create quality snow surfaces for skiing and riding to support day-to-day mountain operations and special events.
Essential Job Functions
• Grooms terrain for skiing and riding
• Responsible for consistent grooming, creating clean lines on the slopes and effectively cleaning up pattern discrepancies that result in crooked lines and/or turn marks
• Ability to maintain grooming standards including at night on uneven terrain and in adverse weather conditions
• Performs general maintenance of the snowcats and informs mechanics of any issues
• Must pass ASC and Colorado snowmobile test (as required)
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Valid, current unrestricted Driver’s License required
• Ability to understand directions and communicate effectively in English including via radio required
• Experience operating heavy equipment including on uneven terrain and at night preferred
• Intermediate ski/snowboard skills preferred
• High school degree or equivalent preferred
Supervision Given and Received:
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of Winter Trails Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits