Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SunPower is looking for a Team Lead for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. This role will directly report to the Senior Manager of Support / SRE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Proactive support of all user features and overall platform stability
- Implement and improve SRE processes
- Identify and drive resolution on monitoring and alerting gaps
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automated response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Inspect queue and support processing to ensure early warning of support issues
- Own and lead retrospective and preventive actions after each high severity production incident
- Shift-left; work with QA to identify issues early in the cycle and prevent production incidents
- Work with DevOps and QA to implement high-coverage observability, to ensure rapid identification and proactive resolution of production incidents
- Stay informed of upcoming feature releases and ensure support readiness
- Champion a culture of learning, continuous improvement and blameless retrospection within your team and across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years experience as a software developer or direct SRE experience
- Extensive, hands-on experience in SRE responsible for customer-facing systems in a high uptime 20x7 environment
- Expertise in analyzing sophisticated application, database, network, and OS issues across a distributed large scale business-critical system
- Experience in utilizing monitoring /observability platforms such as DataDog, PagerDuty etc.. To reduce outages detection time)
- Experience developing automated solutions to detect errors
- Experience in administration or support of Salesforce Sales Cloud / Service Cloud, and Oracle Fusion Cloud SaaS platforms
- Experience with support of mobile native applications and modern architecture/services like Snowflake, GraphQL
- Familiarity with AWS serverless application components
- Have good architectural knowledge of various web services, REST, and Micro Services.
- Should able to use all the web methods like GET, POST, DELETE, etc
- Experience in programming languages such as Ruby, Perl, Java, Python and PHP
- Experience validating response, response time, error codes
- Know how to use OAuth and OAuth2 authentication mechanisms
- Able to read and understand API documentation
- Customer-focused attitude with the ability to ask pertinent questions to understand the root cause of the issues and identify the business impact to drive priority and response plan.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and apply learnings
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.