At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Collaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process; provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
Sign-On Bonus $10K - $15K
Hiring for the following Med Surg Units:
Cardiac Med Surg
7 East is a 42 bed, fast-paced, medical/surgical inpatient nursing unit specializing in the care of cardiac patients. Our patients are on telemetry cardiac monitoring. We commonly care for patients with congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias, NSTEMI, hypertensive crisis, post-Cath/PCI, post-CABG, post-vascular surgery, and other heart and vascular diagnoses. On 7 East we utilize Heparin, Lasix, and Amiodarone infusions. Chest tubes, drains and wound vacs are common. Our staff is BLS certified, with ACLS preferred. On 7 East, decisions are made using a unit-based shared governance council in accordance with Magnet principles. Staff have a voice in their work environment and how care is provided. The nurse to patient ratio ranges from 1:5, with a vast amount of support resources.
Neuroscience Med Surg
6 East is a growing 20 bed Neuro Acute unit with team of 24 nurses, 4:1 patient ratio, and additional PCA support for every shift. We are dedicated to Neuro patients, Stroke patients, executing Neurological Assessments every 4 hours.
Med Surg - 5 East Surgical
This General Surgical/Bariatric Unit has 43 beds and a 1:5 nurse to patient ratio. The patient population include a variety of Bariatric surgeries, colon rectal surgeries, nephrostomy, breast reconstruction and ostomies.
Med Surg - 6M Medicine
6M is a 40 Beds all private adult inpatient Med Surg Unit with a ratio of 1:5
Med Surg Oncology
Our Medical Oncology unit is looking for RN's to join their team on an extremely collaborative 40 bed unit, ratio 5:1. This unit has outstanding teamwork with very engaged partnership between the RN's and Oncologists.
5M - General Ortho Med/Surg
5M is a 20 bed fast-paced General Orthopedic Med/Surg unit.
The nurse to patient ratio is 1:5 with a free charge nurse, a discharge nurse Monday through Friday, and PCA support every shift.
We commonly take care of patients with hip fractures, infected joints, knee and hip replacements, osteomyelitis, vascular wounds, cellulitis, orthopedic spinal surgeries, and many more.
This unit utilizes a multidisciplinary approach working closely with PT, OT, Speech Therapy, Case Management, Pharmacy and many more. This team-oriented unit collaborates and works together using the Magnet Model while letting the nurses' voices be heard.
Required BLS certification and highly encourage ACLS and Med/Surg or Specialty Certification. If you want to be a part of our diverse, highly engaged team, please apply!
5 East - General Surgery/Bariatric
5 East is a 43 bed fast-paced General Surgery/Bariatric unit.
We have 1-2 free charge nurses; a discharge nurse M-F, PCA support for every shift, and the nurse to patient ratio is 1:5.
This unit is an inpatient unit and takes care of a wide variety of General Surgery and Bariatric patients. The type of patients that come to this unit have had Colon and Rectal surgery, Mastectomies, Urological surgery, Plastic surgery, Bariatric surgery, Laparoscopic surgeries, and Laparotomies.
This team is a highly engaged unit that uses a multidisciplinary approach, working closely with the Surgeons, Case Management, PT, OT, Pharmacy and many more. 5 East uses the Magnet Model utilizing the nurse's voice to help run the unit.
We require BLS Certification and highly encourage ACLS and Med/Surg or Specialty Certification. If you want to be a part of our diverse highly engaged team please apply!
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I < 1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care. Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.