At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Treasury Management Relationship Manager as part of Commercial Banking.
For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at www.wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives including those that are cross functional with broad impact, and act as key participant in large scale planning for Treasury Management Relationship Management functional area
- Review and analyze complex multi-faceted, large scale and long term business, operational, or technical challenges that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Make decisions in complex and multi-faceted situations requiring a sound understanding of Treasury Management Relationship Management functional area, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that influence and lead a broader work team to meet deliverables
- Drive new initiatives within Treasury Management Relationship Management functional area
- Collaborate and consult with Treasury Management Relationship Management peers, colleagues, and middle to more experienced managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead Treasury Management Relationship Management projects and teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 4+ years of Treasury Management Relationship Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Commercial Card, Mastercard or Visa products experience
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
$73,100.00 - $129,900.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.