Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division: Director’s Office
Reporting Location: 500 McKinney Street
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
*Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Senior Staff Analyst (Executive Level) will serve as HPL’s governmental affairs liaison and liaison to the Mayor’s Office and City Council, assist in supporting key local, statewide and national initiatives that emanate from the Director’s Office, attend and/or accompany the Director to professional and community meetings, and work closely with other team members and strategic partners on special tasks and projects.
The individual must demonstrate high energy levels and consistently provide exceptional customer service internally and externally, accurate and detailed work, and the ability to work with senior leaders and HPL partners and customers to develop and/or enhance a positive relationship for HPL. Must have the ability to work as a team and strong commitment in delivering excellence in all aspects of work. A sense of humor, an exceptional work ethic, and a roll-up-my-sleeves willingness to get jobs done attitude are required.
Applicants must submit a Cover Letter and Resume when applying.
- Serve as HPL’s governmental liaison to the Mayor’s Office and City Council.
- Complete complex projects supporting the work of the Director (Sample projects include researching new partnership opportunities, preparing draft communications, and creating presentations for and drafting keynote speeches).
- Attend operations, project, and program-related meetings with or for the Director (e.g. staff meetings, annual planning and budget meetings) to capture information and assure thorough follow up.
- Participate in organization-wide projects that require additional support in initial research, planning, and feasibility analysis support.
- Assist in producing reports; collection and assimilation of data; monitor project performance.
- Attend meetings, events, and other key destinations as directed by the Director.
- Prepare materials for conference calls and meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality on all work issues and opportunities.
- Liaise with Executive Assistant on any issues/opportunities and action to be taken as required.
- Draft and edit documents to ensure accurate and effective communication.
- Develops technological solutions and systems for continuous improvement programs and other appropriate applications.
Handles highly confidential information.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Requires the ability to make simple gross motor responses within large tolerances.