Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join the Nucleus-EDG team as a Full Stack Software Engineer. The Nucleus-EDG team is responsible for Improve consumer experience by implementing an enterprise device gateway to manage device health signal acquisition, centralize consumer consent, facilitate efficient health signal distribution, and empower UHC with connected insights across the health and wellness ecosystem. The team has a strong and integrated relationship with the product team based on strong collaboration, trust, and partnership. Goals for the team are focused on creating meaningful positive impact for our customers through clear and measurable metrics analysis.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer you will have the role of champion for quality and engineering best practices, mentoring junior and peer co-workers, while bringing a fun and energizing experience to work every day.
At Optum Digital we are focused on bringing modern software best practices of Silicon Valley and bringing them to the Healthcare industry.
Location preference for this role is hybrid with 2-3 days onsite Cypress, CA office / Orange County, CA; however, will consider hybrid in Minneapolis or San Francisco. Fully telecommute/remote* may be considered.
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code; normally 70% Backend and 30% Front-end (though the exact ratio will depend on your interest and skills)
- Build high-scale systems, libraries, frameworks and create test plans
- Establish and Implement software best practices
- Provide mentorship and feedback for other team members
- Build new products (both web and mobile in React)
- Foster culture of quality and engineering excellence
- Evolve existing products
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Be a member of a cross functional team focused on understanding our members, and building new tools to create awareness and engagement with the full range of tools and
- services available digitally
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Accountable for Product quality along with the team. Support the application and keep the quality bar high
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Experience with web or mobile development with relation to the User interface, experience and design
- 3+ years of web or mobile development with understanding of client and server topology and communication
- 3+ years of experience in Scala, Java, or other JVM language
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of experience with Scala/Java
- 5+ years of experience with TDD
- 2+ years of experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React and React Native and/or Typescript
- Product related development experience within design and UX development
- Experience in design and development
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience with CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch, or MongoDB)
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect is a bonus
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule at one of the following location Cypress, CA office / Orange County, CA; Minneapolis, MN or San Francisco, CA
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.