This position is for managing quality at our Product Business Unit. It will be inter-departmental in role. The individual will work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Repair and Customer Service and report to Director of Engineering & Quality.
Key Responsibilities and Critical Success Measures
- Provides engineering guidance, expertise, and services to ensure product & service quality.
- Helps with design documentation, product validation, process design, and new product implementation.
- Develops compliance documentation and works with testing laboratories for approvals and changes.
- Leads and drives improvements and provides specialist quality-related services to engineering, production, procurement, supply chain and others.
- Reviews product and process quality data to explore process improvement opportunities using Lean and Six Sigma methodology.
- Provides floor support to manufacturing. This includes oversight of process areas, engineering change implementation, participation in issue resolution, review of process-related documentation.
- Helps with Quality Process Audits and non-conforming part evaluation.
- Evaluates trends in product returns & customer complaints to identify problem areas and provides effective feedback for improvement to Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Uses systematic approach to problem solving to improve quality, safety and productivity.
- Helps implement quality policy across departments. Helps achieve overall business unit Quality Objectives and measures relevant metrics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Safety is our number one priority
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
- Always do the right thing
- Treat others as you wish to be treated
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
- Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment