Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Senior Product Manager–Digital Health Education, you'll lead a product team through the entire product development lifecycle (from discovery to delivery) and build an environment conducive to forming a high-performing team. Your charter is to change healthcare by creating a more navigable and "next best action" type of experience where consumers/members can find the information and tools they need within only a few clicks and present relevant health-related recommendations personalized to them and their family members; improve affordability and health outcomes at a scale few other companies can match. You'll work with an array of internal partners and external partners, garnering their perspectives throughout your roadmap creation and evolution, but also bring them along to your product vision using data, insights, and aligning to our goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Guide a roadmap through the product lifecycle of strategy, OKR alignment, definition/requirements, delivery/development, and go-to-market
- Work across teams (e.g. engineering, product, sales, marketing, security, and legal) to solve myriad complex problems in a creative and thoughtful way
- Oversee the development of your set of product features and determine which order is most impactful to the business and why
- Contribute to a product culture of consumer and industry research, development, and rapid test and learn
- Embrace new technologies and establish their value to our app users
- Stay on top of all relevant health care and consumer technology trends, competitors, and market offerings and ensure your products stay 'high and to the right'
- Use data to support hypotheses and conclusions for developing business cases and roadmap priorities that inform the success of your products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience building software products
- Experience working with engineers and designers to create great user experiences
- Experience with scrum and agile software development processes
- Ability to discuss technical concepts, articulate tradeoffs and propose new concepts to your squad and partners
- An impetus to start with consumers needs (jobs-to-be-done) and work backwards to solutions
- Familiarity pulling and analyzing large sets of data to craft strategy and guide product roadmap creation
- Healthcare experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Product Manager - Health Education, Technology, Optum Digital, Chicago, IL, Illinois, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote