***The preferred location for this position is The Woodlands, TX or New Orleans, LA. Other locations within Entergy's service territory may be considered***
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. Tracing its history to 1913 and headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and more than 13,000 employees.
The company’s utility business provides electric retail and wholesale power to customers in four states through five utility operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc. Entergy also delivers natural gas services to 200,000 customers in New Orleans and parts of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Entergy is winding down its wholesale generation business, which provides power to wholesale customers primarily from our two remaining nuclear facilities located in the northern United States.
The electric utility industry is rapidly changing, and Entergy is entering an exciting period of growth as we prepare for the future. We are building the premier utility, a utility that delivers sustainable value to all its stakeholders – our customers, employees, communities, and owners – as measured by strong net promoter scores, high levels of service, superior and affordable products and services, highly skilled and engaged employees, and industry-leading financial performance. We are focusing our sights on three key priorities – customer centricity, continuous improvement, and creating a culture of belonging for our employees. Join us as we take the next step on our journey to building the premier utility.
Responsible for leading the IT Network innovation and development of technology solutions, implemented throughout IT, to enable the business to meet its objectives. The role requires an in-depth understanding of available IT networking technologies, the business unit's operations, its operating model, capability needs, and business challenges. The role, together with support from Entergy's network engineering function, are responsible for creating a fully integrated, effective business solution. The role is an active thought leader and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business unit.
- Provide overall design guidelines for network integration, performance, reliability, operating, and innovation. Support business units in the creation of project business cases (e.g., success criteria)..
- Capture business capability requirements, functional requirements, and expected service levels from business unit to create an actionable IT-Networking roadmap (a long range plan for the business that identifies specific IT investments in infrastructure to support business objectives).
- Support infrastructure leadership in identifying opportunities for emerging technologies, through collaboration, to enable business strategies. Provide an advisory role with the client on the impact of new technologies on their existing technical and network environment.
- Work with BA and PM teams to review strategies and requirements. Ensure business and functional requirements are maintained throughout the development/configuration process. Review and analyze results to validate the functions of the delivered solution.
- Maintain strong understanding of networking technology needs and solutions for the business unit. Regularly visit business units to assess satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities. Consider alternate delivery models for meeting business needs.
- Liaise between the client, vendors, project management and the technical teams on questions, issues, and revisions to the solution architecture.
Minimum education and experience required of the position
Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience working with networking technologies and how it supports the business is required, or in lieu of a degree 14+ years of experience working with networking technologies and how it supports the business is required.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Demonstrated expertise in Cisco networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, network management tools, use of packet capture and other troubleshooting tools. Deep understanding of CISCO routers and switches as well as firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention devices. Demonstrates strong knowledge of RIPv1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, Access-Lists, route re-distribution, IP Multicast, VLANs, and spanning tree. Previous networking experience maintaining NERC CIP environments, use of Cisco Prime, demonstrated experience with Software Defined Networking / Application Centric Infrastructure, Aruba wireless environments, VMWare, a plus..
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position
Certifications in Cisco networking is a plus
Primary Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Job Function: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 103189
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.