· Under minimal supervision, provides voice and data network engineering for hardware and/or software, design, planning and implementation of complicated computer networks to meet business needs.
· Provides support for complex networks regarding planning, configuration, and optimization.
· Evaluates, designs, and maintains existing or proposed products/systems.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
· Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
· Plans, forecasts, identifies and implements resource requirements for complex voice and data network systems (including wireless and VoIP). .
· Contributes to more complicated network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
· Manages cost/billing, installation, and support of network communication solutions.
· Designs complex network configurations (integrating communication architectures) to maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the company.
· Provides users with advanced network technical support and solutions and responds to needs and questions of users concerning access to network resources.
· Evaluates new software and existing products/systems and resolves network problems as they occur.
· Develops and documents technical standards and interface applications.
· Provides ongoing information to management, customers, and peers regarding enhancements and innovations.
· Monitors and performs network troubleshooting to isolate and resolve complex or ambiguous network problems.
· May coach and mentor less-experienced personnel and act as team leader on systems projects.