Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
This position is remote.
Marketing is responsible for assessing customer needs, market conditions, and competition to inform business strategy. Marketing implements the strategy through developing, commercializing, and monitoring the appropriate products and services.
The Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications will leverage both internal and external customer insights and develop a holistic value proposition across our product set. This exceptional professional will be tasked with presenting the differentiated value of MacroFab in a clear and effective way to resonate with the needs of customers and help our internal teams accelerate engagement. The Marketing Manager will also work with individual product marketing managers to craft benefit-driven product and portfolio messaging we want consumers and factories to experience and engage with and will ensure the narrative evolves as our product portfolio continues to expand. This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
- This role is responsible for the overall brand narrative.
- Thinks strategically across the portfolio of products to develop our messaging strategy, as well as help integrate this messaging across our customer touchpoints, inclusive of marketing, PR, sales, and customer success.
- Champion of the brand you lead and inspire cross-functional team members & partners with your passion and excitement.
- Strong track record of winning the hearts and minds of consumers through omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker with a solid understanding of the entire marketing process.
- Collaborate in the creation of the overall value proposition, narrative, and messaging development, and maintain source material for marketing and enablement teams to generate compelling collateral and drive key goals.
- Create corresponding factory value proposition, positioning, and messaging for key products
- Translate customer insights and the value proposition into benefit-driven messaging, reasons to believe, and proof points
- Craft narratives and distill messaging to be crisp, succinct, and clear
- Develop and maintain the legally approved, integrated library of messaging guidance including content examples
- Owns and creates a comprehensive platform for the brand narrative and vision including value propositions, positioning, messaging, content, and assets
- Partners with Product Marketers and Commercial Marketing to ensure value proposition/selling messages are incorporated in existing products, new product development, sales training, launches, etc.
- Manages internal/external agencies re: brochures, videos, and content development
- Partners with Commercial Marketing, Account Based Marketing, and Marketing Operations, to ensure consistent messaging, deployment of content, customer engagement, and driving adoption throughout the organization
- Identify target segmentations and define brand/product positioning.
- Data-driven, strategic thinker with an ability to connect the dots using disparate data resources to form compelling narratives that bring a product value proposition to life
- Curious and energized by a deep understanding of what customers care about, what their goals are, and the evolving supply chain market
- Self-starter who can manage priorities, meet deadlines, and has exceptional project management skills
- Foster and develop strong collaboration and partnership with Product Marketing to ensure individual product value propositions ladder into our overall portfolio value proposition
- Work with Sales and Sales Enablement to ensure our solutions narrative is resonating and delivering client engagement
- Research to align on research-acquired Proof Points that support value proposition messaging
- Minimum Bachelors degree, preferred
- 8+ years of progressive leadership in product and/or brand marketing, preferred
- Outstanding in formulating brand strategies and managing marketing executions.
- Demonstrated experience in performing market research, and using the voice of customers, benchmarking, and market insights to develop commercial strategy/influence product development roadmaps.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, ability to take initiative without direct oversight, and to work independently in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record in developing effective storytelling, product positioning, and messaging development
- Ability to travel domestically for up to 10%
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have a significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions that may set a precedent
- Independently determines the method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues