Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
The Senior Manager, Global Government Affairs serves as an advocate and relationship manager with respect primarily to state and local government officials and activities in support of Linde’s advocacy and public affairs objectives. The position is focused on facilitating the monitoring, analysis, and implementation of corporate positions and initiatives on public policy matters affecting Linde’s strategic interests, with a principal accountability for state affairs and support for federal and international affairs. The position includes direct involvement with internal and external stakeholders in developing and delivering the company’s perspectives on public policy issues before state and local officials, legislative bodies and regulatory agencies. The position will report to the Executive Director, Global Government Affairs and will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with business units to gather information, provide support, and assist them in contacting legislators and developing relationships.
- Establishing, maintaining and executing a government affairs agenda to include maintenance of a bipartisan contact network and a strategic policy communications program with elected and appointed government officials, primarily focusing on state government officials.
- Managing relationships with key elected and appointed government officials.
- Direct lobbying on the weaknesses or merits of specific proposals and bills to influence passage, defeat, or amendment of measure, or introduction of legislation more favorable to Linde.
- Drafting communications to key personnel, including executive leadership and other managers, outlining the implications of proposed and current legislation and regulations as well as business development opportunities.
- Integrating input from Linde business units, subject matter experts and executive leadership to articulate the company’s positions on key public policy issues.
- Planning and coordinating meetings with elected and appointed officials to discuss issues and proposals, and to allow officials to respond to company concerns.
- Communicating with regulatory and legislative bodies including testifying at or drafting testimony for public hearings to enlist support for Linde interests including business development and economic incentive opportunities.
- Preparing testimony, regulatory comments, and other communications intended to affect the outcome of legislation and regulations in which Linde has an interest.
- Representing Linde at trade and industry association meetings and conferences where appropriate.
- Establishing and maintaining a national network of key stakeholders, interest groups and coalitions on shared public policy, legislative, and economic development goals.
- Monitoring media and policymaking entities to track key policy, regulatory, and economic incentive developments.
- Supporting the company’s economic development incentive program.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director, Global Government Affairs to draft and maintain internal and external communications and manage related communication platforms relative to the company’s government relations function and corporate political action committees.
- Assisting in the management and administration of the company’s political action committees, including: (1) planning and executing political action committee (PAC) events, (2) supporting or managing PAC communications, (3) supporting PAC grassroots operations, and (4) supporting PAC political planning.
Additional duties as required and assigned.