Ref ID: 04130-0011883240
Classification: In House Counsel
Robert Half is in search a Senior Legal Counsel for a client in Houston. In this role, you will lead a team of three attorneys who are responsible for supporting the commercial aspects of their North American business and who hold contributory responsibility for the support of all other business functions within the region. The Senior Legal Counsel will collaborate with his or her team and key stakeholders to ensure workable business processes within the Legal Department that contribute to the success of the company in negotiations. The Senior Legal Counsel will also provide counsel regarding compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and will be responsible for continued development of the team. He/she will be required to work closely with counterparts in EMEA and Asia Pacific to support the Associate General Counsel, in addition to working with other business teams, both in region and globally.
• Oversee and facilitate the work of three commercial attorneys in North America within a matrixed approval, escalation, and policy framework.
• Demonstrate mastery of software licenses, software consulting contracts, project implementation service contracts, prime and subcontractor agreements, RFQ, RFP, and NDAs.
• Provide pragmatic legal and business advice to the team and business.
• Maintain current knowledge of, and support compliance with, applicable laws and regulations.
• Assist your team with the drafting, review, and negotiation a range of commercial contracts related to software and services in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Review and approve variations to standard, non-standard, and bespoke contracts.
• Assist in reviewing and revising current processes, structures and procedures for efficiency and support projects and initiatives to realign and streamline same.
• Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating legal systems and records.
• Establish good working relationships throughout the department and across all business units, notably Sales and Finance.
• Liaise with external counsel and relevant authorities.