Looking for Senior Accountants, who would love to work close to the Galleria area.
Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing
- A key part of the corporate accounting team
- Work & Live in close to Houston. Hybrid Schedule!
- Beautiful Office Space
Perks of the Senior Reporting Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Free parking
- 70 to 85K plus bonus
Support the International Controller to ensure transactions are accurate and financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and to provide assistance to the International Controller as liaison to the foreign subsidiaries.
What the Senior Accountant will do…
- Maintain and review general ledger activity on a monthly basis and prepare monthly account analysis and variance analysis explanation
- Perform and enter journal entries as part of the period end close functions such as prepaid expenses/insurance, property taxes, bonus accruals, tax/audit expense accruals, inventory reserve and allowance for uncollectable expense
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner
- Researches and recommends solutions to accounting transactions, variances, discrepancies, and reconciling items, ensuring resolution is timely and complete
- Analyze and review monthly subsidiaries' financial package
- Assist in preparing executive summary for Controller review and approval
- Reconcile intercompany transactions between parent and subsidiaries
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of the annual budget
- Upload trial balance to Hyperion and perform different analysis in SmartView
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies
- Assist with the coordination of external audit and work with other team members to ensure audit requests are completed in a timely manner
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of progressive Accounting experience
- U.S. GAAP required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required Hyperion and Oracle experience preferred