SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Senior Human Resources Coordinator provides day-to-day support to the Human Resources function while maintaining a very high degree of confidentiality. Performs a variety of Human Resources duties related to pre-employment, onboarding, employment, LOA, time & attendance, training, auditing and reporting in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Performs some complex and routine administrative duties efficiently and accurately following established procedures in the following areas: pre-employment paperwork, background checks and drug testing monitoring and logistics, onboarding, benefits communication, personnel action forms maintenance, time & attendance, and other Human Resources activities.
- Facilitates the onboarding process for new hires efficiently and accurately.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards company goals.
- Maintains personnel electronic files and documentation.
- Assists with the submission of personnel actions forms for new hires, terminations and all other employment status changes.
- Gathers important information required for the submission of personnel actions forms required as back-up (e.g. Terminations: Accrual Detail report).
- Completes VOE requests and creates employment letters.
- Acts as back-up to manage timesheet approvals; notifies managers about outstanding approvals and supports employees for issuing timecards, including new hires and replacement cards.
- Administers the Leave of Absence (LOA) process partnering with the Benefits team.
- Runs and prepares basic reports for HR and Managers as needed; tracks HR data and metrics.
- Audits HR internal reconciliations reports daily for the business line(s) assigned.
- Assists employees and managers with various HR inquiries.
- Coordinates with management, HR Business Partner and employees as needed.
- Prepares basic HR training presentations and coordinates training on HR processes/events with managers and employees.
- Receives, screens and forwards for resolution to the HR Department telephone calls, faxes, and e-mail messages.
- Assists with various HR research projects and/or special projects.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other HR duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent (Required)
- 3+ years of progressive Human Resources experience (Required)
- Basic knowledge of state and federal laws, policies and procedures as it relates to Human Resources (Required)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: English – Intermediate level proficiency (Required)
- Mathematical Skills: Basic level proficiency (Required)
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level (Required)
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage time, multitask, and prioritize workflows, projects/tasks. (Required)
- Excellent written and verbal skills. (Required)
- Strong attention to detail (Required)
- Professional and ethical attitude (Required)
- Strong customer service focus and communication skills (Required)
- Maintain a positive attitude and relates well and with respect to others (Required)
- Effective logical thinking and problem-solving abilities (Required)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to ensure tasks and/or projects completion with defined deadlines. (Required)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – Intermediate level user proficiency (Required)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (Required)
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.