UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.
We are searching for a healthcare economics consultant to join our experienced team. This creative role offers an excellent opportunity to directly impact an innovative function and secure your future with an industry leader. This role sits within a functional support team that supports the Community and State value based contracting health plan efforts to provide optimal, affordable care for our members. This position will provide analytic support and consultation to local market health plans related to the modeling, analysis, and administration of required reporting and payments for C&S VBC agreements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpret and analyze data and recommend best approaches
- Provides management with statistical findings, explanations, and conclusions
- Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses
- Performs complex data validation and conceptual analyses
- Serves as subject matter expert to a health plan in support of value based contracting strategy
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to data analysis and financial reporting
- Prepare target models in support of customer requests, following contracting guidelines
- Complete physician scorecard reports according to terms of VBC agreements and present to Health Plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 3+ years of health care experience working with claims data and medical codes
- Proficiency in performing data analytics
- Beginner level proficiency with SQL, SAS and/or other statistical programs
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Medicaid experience
- Financial analysis in a healthcare setting
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Healthcare senior, healthcare economics, consultant, SQL, SAS, analytics, Oracle, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona