UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Communications Specialist on our Government Programs creative team, you’ll report to the Creative Director and bring innovation, conceptual ideas and a genuine care and compassion for those we serve – Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, DSNP and Individual and Family Plan consumers. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll partner with other Designers, Copywriters, Production Artists, Producers and Marketers creating communications across almost all advertising channels. Expert understanding of design and advertising trends, deep understanding of the strategic creative process and engaging presentation skills are expected.
- Hands-on concepting and execution of digital display ads, e-mail, social media content, digital video, direct mail, out of home and light presentation support
- Actively participate in creative briefings and decipher the needs of assignments
- Manage multiple projects at once while upholding timely delivery and effective communication across your working team (typically consisting of a Copywriter, Producer and/or Project Manager)
- Deliver polished and well-designed materials for internal and external presentations
- Able to lead compelling and engaging presentations to leaders across the organization
- Take direction from creative and marketing leadership to deliver assignments at their level of expectation
- Create, inspire, and direct exceptional design while understanding, mastering and progressing the UnitedHealthcare brand look-and-feel
- Effectively lead, direct and collaborate with others on the internal creative team and external agency partners
- We’re seeking a curious, creative problem solver, with a collaborative work style and desire to serve Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, DSNP and Exchange consumers
- A strategic creative with expert understanding of design trends and an ability to concept and execute communications across numerous digital and print channels
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years of relevant experience
- 7+ years as a graphic designer in a corporate or agency environment; experience in product/service marketing, sales support and/or customer communication
- Portfolio with examples of work produced
- Experience in print, digital, social and video channels
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Previous health care experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous managerial experience a plus
- Ability to take and synthesize creative critique
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, self-manage and meet deadlines
- Previous managerial or leadership experience a plus
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, hiring immediately, #red, #Senior Communcations Specialist, #Minnetonka, MN, #Adobe Creative Suite