Applications accepted from: All Persons Interested
Job Classification: Senior Graphic Designer
Division: Office of Talent & Organizational Development
Reporting Location: 4501 Leeland
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Office of Talent & Organizational Development (OT&OD) is a division of the City of Houston’s Human Resources Department. Our mission is to build a first-class responsive and results-oriented workforce by providing learning that meets critical business goals and lifelong learning opportunities that will prepare employees in an evolving technological society.
We are a dynamic group of learning leaders on four unique but interrelated Teams: Administration, Learning Design & Evaluation, Organizational Development, and Training. To help us in our mission-centered work, we are searching for a Senior Graphic Designer for the Learning Design & Evaluation team. We are committed to upholding the guiding principles of accelerated learning theory and thus, need an experienced graphic designer who can produce visually stimulating, memorable, and vibrant learning models, materials, and videos that engage today’s adult learner.
The Senior Graphic Designer must be able to:
Graphic Design for Learning Programs
- Develop and uphold brand guidelines for OT&OD’s course materials which includes but is not limited to a participant guide, facilitator guide, slide deck, wall charts, models, icons, imagery, and audiovisual content.
- Partner with OT&OD Learning Designers to interpret learning content and determine how best to visualize it using graphic design and adult learning principles.
- Develop and execute audiovisual content (i.e. learning program promo videos, scenario-based learning videos, etc.) that resonate with various audiences.
- Design learning program-specific webpages, publications, brochures, displays, presentation slides, posters, and other visual communications that spotlights our commitment to workplace learning.
- Work collaboratively with OT&OD’s Senior Communications Specialist to implement OT&OD’s brand communications strategy.
Team Member Actions
- Contribute to the Learning Design & Evaluation Team’s high-performance culture by acting as a resource, a thought partner, and a trailblazer.
- Model a growth mindset and demonstrate the attributes of a learning leader.
- Meet individual performance metrics and goals while demonstrating behavior-based competencies.
- Incorporate project management and time management skills to plan, implement, and monitor several programs and initiatives running concurrently.
- Support the HROne 2020-2025 People Strategy.
- Collaborate with the Office of Talent & Organizational Development team members in the pursuit of the overall mission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in graphic design, video design, and web design principles and theories.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills using professional written and verbal language and grammar.
- Knowledge of and skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier and Adobe Dreamweaver.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask, as needed.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- Public sector experience
- Experience working in an educational/learning setting.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.