Requisition ID: 128692
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Ground Improvement) in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Ground Improvement) will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3!
- No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
- No. 1 - Petroleum
- No. 1 - Transportation
- No. 2 - Power
- No. 4 - Working Abroad
- No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position could be based out of either our 1) Lenexa, KS, 2) Lone Tree, CO, 3) Houston, TX, 4) Omaha, NE, or 5) Woodcliff Lake, NJ with at least 50% of travel to Lenexa and project offices; remote opportunity maybe considered based on location and experience.
- Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to ground improvement challenges.
- Working with the pursuit team to help identify key design and construction risks and develop plans to mitigate these risks.
- Working on design-build projects as the Geotech nical Engineer-of-Record responsible for developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables for ground improvement and specialty foundations.
- Supporting efforts to capture and spread lessons learned throughout Kiewit Construction Districts.
- Training and developing staff engineers.
- Minimum 12 years of progressive, relevant ground improvement and geotechnical engineering experience, 15+ preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S. and/or Canada, required
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering and ground improvement techniques.
- Ground improvement experience including design and oversight of: rigid inclusions, vibro-replacement (stone columns), vibro compaction, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, micropiles, deep dynamic compaction, design of working pad and load transfer platforms.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including: 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional Finite Element (FE) modeling, strong understanding of SPT and CPT testing methodology, and conventional load testing.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination, coordination between Engineering and Construction, experience working in a team setting, and directing/reviewing the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst a team.
- Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
- Design-Build experience is a PLUS.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
- FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.