- Apply machine learning or Bayesian statistics to optimize marketing efforts with respect to customer acquisition, retention, attrition, cross-selling, and pricing.
- Cooperate with software engineers to automate reports and develop applications.
- Work with the marketing team to plan and analyze A/B tests.
- Develop useful visualizations.
- Translate, communicate, and present results and recommendations to non-technical audiences.
- Lead and help develop junior analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or a STEM related degree.
- 3+ years in statistical modeling and quantitative analysis in industry or full-time academic research.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Statistical modeling and analysis skills.
- Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field is strongly preferred, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Economics.
- Strong SQL skills/understanding of relational databases.
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics preferred.
- Survival modeling preferred.
- Comfortable working in Linux a plus.
- Knowledge of Econometrics a plus.
- Experience with optimization algorithms a plus.
- Hadoop experience with big data a plus.
- Previous marketing experience a plus.
- Previous retail electricity experience a plus.
- SAS or R programming a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of the use and interpretation of graduate level multivariate statistical techniques and sampling methods, such as multi-variants regression, ANOVA, factor analysis, cluster analysis, and principal components analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies and new analytics models/techniques.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex business issues into achievable analytical learning objectives and actionable analytical projects.
- Strategic marketing mindset and firm understanding of key marketing and financial concepts.