Senior Counsel Corporate Finance
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Senior Counsel Corporate Finance Position
Sunnova is seeking an experienced corporate finance attorney to join the corporate/transactional section of its legal department.
Examples of specific types of desired experience include the following:
- Representing companies or financial institutions in financing activities
- Providing advice to clients on structured finance transactions
- Advising clients on the acquisition or sale of portfolios of financial assets
- Representing parties to secured and unsecured credit facilities
- Drafting and negotiating offering and transaction documents
- Understanding of commercial and securities law issues as they relate to finance transactions
- Advising on debt and equity issues in capital markets transactions
Senior Counsel Corporate Finance Responsibilities
- Structures, negotiates, documents and supports all aspects of debt and related transactions (warehouses, credit facilities, and other financing vehicles) to provide capital for our business
- Manages internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are executed timely and excellently, while effectively protecting and communicating the company’s risk
- Advises internal stakeholders, including finance and business operations team members on legal and compliance issues and risks associated with structured finance transactions and enable effective understanding of and compliance with outstanding debt obligations on an ongoing basis
- Assists with other corporate and securities projects, such as preparation and review of SEC filings, development of corporate policies, advising on corporate governance matters, and supporting corporate transactions
- Education required: Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school
- Active state bar admission
- 4+ years of legal experience with a focus on structured finance/securitization at a at a large or mid-size law firm, in-house law department or governmental agency
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of capital markets transactions (warehouses, credit facilities, securitizations, or other structured financing transactions)
- Able to demonstrate good judgment and evaluate risk while considering the larger picture
- Solution-oriented and effective communicator with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, fast-growing, and collaborative environment
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong collaboration skill, and written and verbal communication
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adjust to changing project priorities, work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Open office environment when working in the Houston office
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
- Available outside of normal working hours as needed for business necessity
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.