Wood is currently searching for a talented Senior Consultant Riser Engineer to support the Subsea group in Houston, TX.
The Senior Consultant Riser Engineer will have an opportunity to work on particularly complex challenges with risers using Wood’s internal suite of analysis tools to develop solutions that meet the needs of an ever-changing industry. This is currently a contract position, but for the right candidate, it may turn into a permanent position.
Wood’s Subsea group is currently providing the design and delivery of some of the latest, large-scale subsea design projects in the US and around the globe, for the Oil & Gas industry. This is a great opportunity to assume a leadership role on major execution projects and work closely with the internal stakeholders and the Wood Subsea Team Leads.
The Sr. Consultant Riser Engineer shall assist the wider subsea team with riser related activities, by supporting the subsea team to win and execute deepwater projects. In addition, they shall:
- Assume a leadership role on a major development project working closely with the contracting group and Wood Riser Team Lead
- Plan and manage the execution of engineering activities during all phases of an engineering project (Concept, Pre-FEED, FEED, Execute, and IM).
- Assume technical responsibility for riser system and interface design.
- Perform hands on design analysis and/or direction to the riser system design.
- Review and approve designs, specifications and engineering reports.
- Lead and guide teams of riser engineers for the successfully delivery of riser scope of work.
- Work with other staff disciplines such as facilities, pipeline, structures, materials and support teams to implement studies and designs.
- Interface directly with vendors
- Interface directly with customers
- Assist in preparation and technical aspects of proposal packages for riser systems.
- Apply advanced engineering design techniques for deepwater riser systems such as top tension risers, steel catenary risers, jumpers, umbilicals and drilling risers.
- Perform technical monitoring and approval of any work by external contractors or vendors.
- During offshore operations ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with customer requirements in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Act as customer site (Engineering) representative as required.
Skills / Qualifications
Degree qualified in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Ocean) with 20+ years of experience with Operator, Riser Design Contractor or relevant Consulting Company
- Experience in leading the detailed design of riser systems including life cycle management throughout the analytical design, construction and installation
- Experience leading project teams to deliver work packages.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detailed design project experience with Orcaflex, Flexcom, UmbiliCAD and Helica analysis packages in preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including advanced analysis techniques
- Must be US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.