Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader. Due to our expanding business, Optum Infusion Services is seeking a Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives.
The Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator is an individual who assumes responsibility for coordinating patient referrals with referral sources, sales staff, pharmacy and nursing to ensure a problem - free admission.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is physically located at 8888 Interchange Drive Houston, TX 77054. This position will be hybrid with part time remote and part time in office.
- Gather patient information accurately and completely by utilizing appropriate templates in CPR+;
- Verify insurance eligibility and obtain authorization for services prior to processing order;
- Assemble patient’s electronic medical record accurately and completely and manage documents appropriately in CPR+;
- Obtain necessary information according to Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) guidelines;
- Inform Clinical and Sales Teams of referrals and updates them on the status of the case;
- Communicate / Coordinate referrals with outside pharmacies and referral sources;
- Understand diversity of contracts to handle referrals accordingly;
- Coordinate the start of care with the patient / caregiver, referral source, and other providers of care;
- Direct patient contact involving schedule and verify infusion appointments / drug shipments (if applicable), collection of patient pay amounts; respond to nursing and / or customer service issues, patient financial hardships. Maintain current and accurate documentation in CPR+;
- Document patient related activities / information in the patient’s electronic medical record;
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and company information;
- Communicate effectively with Clinical Team members to assure a smooth transition from intake to start of care;
- Check electronic discharge websites for new referrals and updated information, as required (and where applicable);
- Formulate and negotiate private pay pricing as per limitations set by company;
- Scan and appropriately label patient documents in CPR+;
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Healthcare experience
- Professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience working in an Administrative or Clerical role
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM accurately
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets)
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm and on - call on the weekends (on a rotation) with the ability to work overtime as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Home Infusion Pharmacy experience
- State of Texas Pharmacy Technician license
- CNA / CMA / LVN / HHA
- Knowledge of CPR+ system
- Medical Terminology experience
- Hospital, Physician, or Medical Clinic experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Ability to multitask
- Creative thinking
- Work ethic
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Conflict resolution
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Infusion, Pharmacy, Intake, CPR+, UHG, Referral, Clerical, Healthcare, Optum, Coordinator, Houston, Texas, TX, hiring immediately, #RPO