If you are a Senior Administrative Manager looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Houston, Texas location, you will act as the point of contact for the Vice Presidents in this office. You will provide administrative support and manage their queries. Main duties include managing calendars, preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets), managing office stock, and organizing company records. You will ensure all administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
AS A SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Deliver service with a smile
- Maintain company calendar and schedule appointments for the executives your work with, and schedule in-house and external events
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Plan, support or execute in-house or off-site activities, meetings, celebrations and conferences
- Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts (rent, service etc.) including a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Organize and supervise all the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office, including maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Support the organization of company meetings including catering and AV needs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Light travel is required. (20%) local & international
WHO YOU ARE:
You anticipate customer needs and provide services that are beyond customer expectation. You understand internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. You orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal. You learn to streamline processes and cut out redundancy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Five (5) years of administrative experience supporting high level leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and PowerPoint
Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Supply Management, Informing Others, Tracking Budget Expenses, Delegation, Staffing, Managing Processes, Supervision, Developing Standards, Promoting Process Improvement, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills
- Fluent in Spanish (or possess strong writing skills in Spanish)
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.