Applications Accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division / Section: Bush Intercontinental (IAH) - William P. Hobby (HOU) / Terminal Management -Custodial Services
Workdays & Hours: * Varied (Shift work, including rotation, weekends and holidays)
subject to change*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Semi-Skilled Laborer ensures operational excellence throughout the Custodial Services business unit of the Houston Airport System. The Custodial Services team cleans and maintains terminal facilities, restrooms and buildings to enhance the customer experience and meet "opening day fresh" standards.
The Semi-Skilled Laborer position is responsible for providing basic maintenance to facilities to ensure a safe and clean environment. Builds long term relationships with airlines, tenants and other customers based on trust and commitment by proactively responding to customer concerns. May operate vehicles to and from work locations. Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
The Semi-Skilled Laborer will include but is not limited to:
- Performs cleaning and maintaining multi-unit and single restrooms; hard surface floors and carpets; high dusting and window cleaning; and, emergency response biohazard cleaning services
- Operates hand tool equipment when needed to perform a variety of heavy cleaning task including scrubbing floors, polishing floors, large area vacuuming, stripping floor finish, waxing floors and sealing floors
- Monitors inventory control
- Performs basic maintenance and repairs to structures, facilities and equipment, i.e. housekeeping activities
- Performs additional miscellaneous assignments as required
The position requires extensive, near-continuous physical exertion such as repeated lifting of very heavy objects (more than 80 pounds), deep bending, climbing steps and/or assuming awkward positions. There are routine exposures to significant levels of heat, cold, moisture and air pollution. The position may involve periodic exposure to chemical substances and physical trauma of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns. Requires the ability to make coordinated gross motor movements in response to changing external stimuli within moderately demanding tolerances; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within low tolerance demands with no real speed requirements. This job requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time on a hard-surfaced floor.