Applications accepted from: All Persons Interested
Division/Section: Bush Intercontinental / International Services
Workdays & Hours*: *Shift work, including rotation, weekends and holidays.
(*Subject to change)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The International Services Operations Team’s vision is to firmly establish a high-performance organization comprised of talented airport professionals possessing subject matter expertise and who embrace the core values of the Houston Airport System. Our mission is to ensure a safe, secure, and efficient operating environment by maintaining strict compliance with federal, state, and local government regulations while simultaneously providing the highest levels of customer service for all passengers, visitors, tenants and employees. Provides facilitation assistance to all international arriving customers processing through the Federal Inspection process and manages all common use facilities with our primary focus of maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations pertaining to the airport. Serves a wide scope of internal and external customers including, but not limited to the traveling public, airlines, commercial transportation providers, regulatory agencies, tenants, contractors, department cost centers and city departments.
The purpose of the Semi-Skilled Laborer within the International Services section is to deliver a high level of customer service to International arriving customers by facilitating their baggage claim in the FIS. This is conducted in a safe and customer friendly manner. Provide friendly service and directions as customers exit the FIS process. Ensuring high performance operational processes and workflows are followed. To quickly adapt in an ever-changing airport environment. “Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.”
The Semi- Skilled Laborer duties will include but are not limited to:
- Operates hand tool equipment when needed to perform a variety of tasks to support the International operation.
- Monitors inventory control.
- Performs basic maintenance, assembly and repairs to structures, facilities, and equipment.
- Performs additional miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Maintain a jam free carousel operation and clear all remaining bags from the carousel to facilitate customer processing.
- Using multilingual skills to assist and facilitate international passengers through the FIS, obtain quarterly customer service ratings (CSPC) of 80% or higher within 9 months.
- Maintain 100% compliance with Safety SOP’s; have zero preventable or at-fault safety accidents/incidents
- Assist TSA with movement of bags during peak screening times
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires extensive, near-continuous physical exertion such as repeated lifting of very heavy objects (more than 80 pounds), deep bending, climbing steps and/or assuming awkward positions. There are routine exposures to significant levels of heat, cold, moisture and air pollution. The position may involve periodic exposure to chemical substances and physical trauma of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns. Requires the ability to make coordinated gross motor movements in response to changing external stimuli within moderately demanding tolerances; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within low tolerance demands with no real speed requirements. This job requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time on a hard-surfaced floor.